Monday, March 7, 2011

A Burger & Booty Shaking Weekend

As I took photos this weekend, I thought... perhaps you've all (and by "all" I mean all 9 people reading this) been wondering about my photos. Shouldn't blogs be replete with beautiful, natural-lit photos taken with DSLRs? Sorry, folks. You've wandered into the wrong neck of the blogosphere if that's what you're looking for. I'm a rebel, you see, and use my (gasp!) iPhone for convenience. Had a quiet weekend - no traveling, no parties. Here's a snapshot summary:


Friday night:  Wishing at a fountain (above was after a particularly long coin toss), 
breath-holding contests, enjoying cool evening races in the grass, & a delicious Mexican dinner.
 

Saturday:
Art lessons.  Rango. Then Father's Office. 
My husband had been raving about their burger so we
ventured over to Culver City to try it.


Oops! Other families were also turned away.


What to do? Tether the kid to the railing while we scarf down some grub?


My husband to the rescue! He placed a to go order,
I grabbed a spot on a shady bench, & the kid played on the grass.
15 minutes later... hooray!


Sweet potato fries with garlic & a bleu cheese aioli.
Nom nom nom.


Spanish mushrooms. These were so good.


The Father's Office Burger with caramelized onions, bacon compote, 
bleu cheese, & arugula. The plate's a mess because I had started disassembling 
the burger so I could share with the kid. The flavors worked so well together.
One warning - do NOT ask for ketchup. They don't have any almost take
offense at your request. Besides, it really doesn't need it. In fact, if you are
anywhere near Culver City or Santa Monica, go now to Father's Office.
Don't bother reading the rest of this blog entry. Please just go.


After our fill of burgerliciousness, we spent a little time at this 
fountain which reminded us of Rango's adventure. 

Sunday:
Errands, chores, a movie. Then an impromptu family get-together - we shook our rumps to Zumba for wii.
Lively Latin beats, fun moves, & graphics like Just Dance. Definitely broke a sweat (which is good because
 you saw the burger & sweet potato fries from Saturday, right?).

No comments: