Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The 4 O'clock Panic

It's been said that if 4 o'clock rolls around and you are wondering what to have for dinner, you've already lost the battle. That just about sums up most weeknights for me! I can usually figure something out, pick up the kiddo from school, make the hour-long commute home, pop into the grocery store if need be, then frantically prep and cook. Sure, this gets dinner on the table... but this way of doing things unnecessarily adds to my stress level. Why do I do this to myself? Plan, woman!

Meal planning is going to be an essential part of my Back to Better commitment. So I'll have to start making menu plans and shop accordingly. Now back to dinner tonight - what can I make with ingredients that I already have at home?

Update: We had boneless, skinless chicken breasts pounded thin & lightly breaded with panko breadcrumbs. Sauteed in a wee amount of olive oil until cooked through. Plus pan-roasted asparagus & red onions. Dessert: strawberries & mango. Tasty, quick, & easy!

1 comment:

Fitness Guru said...

I couldn't agree more! I pretty much do this every night and it is so time consuming and frustrating. Love the post and love the dinner idea!

~Fitness Guru