Monday, February 7, 2011

Bright, Sunshiny Days

I love people who exude lightness and joy. Thank goodness for these bright, sunshiny people who make being happy seem so effortless. They don't allow others' negativity to stick to them and weigh them down. Why shouldn't it be that way for everyone? The world has too many crazy-makers and drama-lovers. While I may not be one of those lucky sunshine people (can you tell I lived in Berkeley for awhile?), I strive to become more like them and I am lucky to have many people in my life who are this way.

Besides bright, sunshiny people, what things instantly lift your mood? Here's my first-5-things-that-come-to-mind list:
1) meyer lemons from my in-laws' tree
2) a brisk walk in not-too-warm weather
3) ice cold water
4) pretty paper
5) happy music

After visiting my in-laws yesterday, I have pounds & pounds of freshly-picked lemony goodness waiting to be transformed into minty lemonade & mini lemon-ricotta cakes. Last night they brightened up our guacamole and marinade. Bonus: they look so pretty in a big white bowl on my kitchen counter!

No comments: