Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Valentine's Day Lollipop Photo Cards

On Valentine’s Day, my daughter will be… wait for it… handing out lollipop photo cards. Ha! See what I did there? Anyone, anyone? Is this thing on? Oooooweeee, sometimes I crack myself up. I stumbled across an unbelievably cute Valentine's Day card how-to while perusing blogland last year. Thanks to a creative mom (click here) for this clever idea.

Photo taken with my phone turns into...
this utterly cute 3-D effect lollipop photo card!
We headed out the door this morning with the kiddo in yet another non-Valentine-y outfit. I grabbed a red trench coat, she added her dimply smile, & I snapped a picture with my phone. A quick upload to CVS' one hour service and I had a set of photos by lunchtime. 

No photo editing needed. Just take photo with child's arm outstretched toward the camera. To make these cards sturdier, we will tape the photos onto heavy paper. That way, the kid can write a Valentine's Day message on the back. Then simply cut two small slits at the top and bottom of the fist, in goes the lollipop, and you're done.

Easy peasy Valentine's Day cuteness!

2 comments:

Etch said...

i like this one. this is just so awesome! ommagosh, you're so creative! this is just the kind of valentine's day card that we all wanna keep. and maybe instead of a lollipop, a stem of rose can replace it. Nice! :D

Twinkle Teaches, M.Ed, MLIS said...

I shared your cute valentine pic idea with a link here: http://twinkleteaches.blogspot.com/2016/02/i-heart-it.html

Love it!
Tina